[Pgpool-general] Load balancing issue

Brandon Konkle brandonkonkle at pegasusnews.com
Tue Jul 27 05:00:52 UTC 2010

Good afternoon!

I'm having some difficulty getting load balancing to work, and I'm hoping
someone on this list can help.  Here's my pgpool.conf:
http://dpaste.com/222238/

Replication is working great, but none of my SELECT queries are being load
balanced to my secondary server.  These are just standard SELECT queries
that aren't doing anything special that would prevent them from being
balanced, based on the documentation.  Pgpool2 doesn't seem to respect the
load balance weights at all - if I set the weight for the primary server to
0, I still get plenty of SELECTs to my primary server and none to my
secondary server.

Both of the servers are running Ubuntu 10.04 with the latest postgresql-8.4
package installed, and the primary server has the latest pgpool2 package
installed.  The data directory was tar'd and scp'd to the secondary server,
so the data on the secondary server is identical and is successfully being
kept up to date through pgpool2 replication.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

-Brandon