[Pgpool-general] Cannot trigger out-of-sync

Ger Apeldoorn ger.apeldoorn at sara.nl
Mon Jan 18 14:35:13 UTC 2010

> I think that this is very hard to tell unless you have all possible
> cases in your mind. Even in this specific scenario (returning
> different number of rows), which are all the possible reasons for it
> to happen? In other words, are we totally positive that, when a
> different number of (affected) rows is returned, we ALWAYS have an
> out-of-sync situation?

Hi Tatsuo and Jaume,

Does PGPool handle all queries in the same order on every node? If so, I
do not think there can be any legal reason for the number of rows to be
different.

Question: Could it be that a failover was triggered for a different
number of rows in a previous version? We were under the impression that
this was the behaviour.

Thanks for your help,
Ger.