[Pgpool-general] pgpool losing queries

Daniel Codina dcodina at laigu.net
Thu Feb 25 17:00:38 UTC 2010

Hi there,

First of all sorry for my poor english.

I am having some problems with pgpool, and I am not sure if is that I am
doing something wrong or if I am suposing pgpool doing thing wich it can't
do.

I have a system (since now virtual) with 2 machines, both of them with
postgreSQL 8.3.9 . In one of them I have pgpool 2.3.2.1 .
I configured it to replicate and load balance... and, is working fine.

But I have 2 problems, and both comes when I am trying to simulate problems.
First of all, if I stop one of the postgreSQL servers, is expected
(configured) to start the onlione backup, and is doing so. But, pgpool is
not attending all queries.

I am inserting data every second, and, some of the inserts does not arrive.
I don't know if that is normal or if I am doing something wrong. Apart of
that, the online backup works perfectly.

The second problem comes when I try to simulate "the unplugged wire"... In
that case, everything stops till I "replug" de wire. In that case, I would
like pgpool declare the unplugued node with "status 3", and continue working
with the alive node,... but it is not doing so. It just waits forever.

For more information I am doing the health check every second, and I
modified the tcp_keepalive parapeters to "1" too ... but yet not working...

Thank you very much in advanced!