[Pgpool-general] Doubt with system_db.sql script

Daniel.Crespo at l-3com.com Daniel.Crespo at l-3com.com
Mon Feb 8 16:24:28 UTC 2010

> Hi!
>
> i have a question about  system_db.sql script included in pgpool.
>
> Really is needed execute this script  for pgpool to replicate???
>
> Which is the best database  to install it??? template1?? postgres???
>
> ok! maybe the  question  was a too newbie  :-) , but i hope your
> answers
>
> have a nice day!

Hi,

I know this is not the only set of questions you have, so I recommend
you reading the pgpool-II tutorial:
http://pgpool.projects.postgresql.org/pgpool-II/doc/tutorial-en.html

then read this other one:
http://linuxsilo.net/articles/postgresql-pgpool.html

Answering your first question
The turorial (first link above) states the following: "To enable
parallel query in pgpool-II, you must set up another database called
"System Database" (we will denote it as SystemDB from this point).". So
no, system_db is used for parallel queries, and is not required for
replication.

Regards,
Daniel