[Pgpool-general] pgpool-II upgrade questions

Gnanakumar gnanam at zoniac.com
Mon Aug 30 06:36:04 UTC 2010

Hi,

Our production server is running PostgreSQL v8.2.3 with pgpool-II v2.0.1 on
CentOS release 5.2 (Final). We're planning to upgrade to the latest stable
version of pgpool-II, that is, v2.3.3

We've installed pgpool-II tool from the source (./configure, make and make
install).

My questions are:
1. What would be the recommended upgrade path, whether to completely
uninstall the old version and then install the latest version or just
overwrite the old version with the new one?
2. In case if I would like to uninstall the old version, how do I uninstall
this which was installed from the source?  Steps and any documentation links
to the same are appreciated.
3. Can pgpoolAdmin v1.0.0 be used with this latest pgpool-II v2.3.3?  Or
should I upgrade pgpoolAdmin also?

Experts advice/suggestion/recommendations are highly appreciated.

Regards,
Gnanam