[Pgpool-general] Setting up connections config for load-balancing

Josh Berkus josh at agliodbs.com
Thu Aug 12 23:34:59 UTC 2010

> Any suggestions on how I can troubleshoot this?  Very little diagnostic
> data from pgpool appears to be available.

More on this: PCP thinks that node 1 is down:

pcp_node_info 10 localhost 9898 postgres postgres 1
db3 5432 3 1431655764.666667

I don't know how it got this idea.  There isn't anything in the
configuration to suggest it, and connecting to node1 via psql from the
pgpool host works fine.  Do I have to run pcp_attach_node every time I
restart pgpool?

Also, those weighting numbers are *very* odd, though.  What's up with
that?  Is that maybe the cause of no queries going to db3?

--
                                  -- Josh Berkus
                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.