[Pgpool-general] Setting up connections config for load-balancing

Josh Berkus josh at agliodbs.com
Thu Aug 12 23:01:54 UTC 2010

Pgpool is now not load-balancing anymore.   It's running fine, but
directing 100% of the traffic to the master.  It appears that pgPool
chose to not even connect to the slave ... there are no connecitons open.

What's odd is that it was working on the previous test run, and I did
not change the configuration.

Any suggestions on how I can troubleshoot this?  Very little diagnostic
data from pgpool appears to be available.

Configuration:

num_init_children = 600
max_pool = 1
replication_mode = false
load_balance_mode = true
replication_stop_on_mismatch = false
replicate_select = false
master_slave_mode = true
connection_cache = true
fail_over_on_backend_error = false
parallel_mode = false

backend_hostname0 = 'db4'
backend_port0 = 5432
backend_weight0 = 1
backend_data_directory0 = '/dbdata/pgdata'
backend_hostname1 = 'db3'
backend_port1 = 5432
backend_weight1 = 2
backend_data_directory1 = '/dbdata/pgdata'

--
                                  -- Josh Berkus
                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.