[Pgpool-general] Online recovery timeouts

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Sun Apr 18 13:46:45 UTC 2010

> > Are their any options for having pgpool force a client to disconnect,
> > regardless of what the client is doing?
>
> Currently no. A patch has been proposed for this. I have looked into
> the patch and came to the conclusion that same idea could be
> implemented in more "natural" way. Of course this does not make the
> original idea less valuable at all. Thanks for this.

I have made chages to allow to use -1 value for
client_idle_limit_in_recovery for this purpose in CVS HEAD.

>From pgpool-en.doc:

If your clients are very busy, pgpool-II cannot enter the recovery 2nd
stage regardless of the value of client_idle_limit_in_recovery. In
this case you can set -1 to client_idle_limit_in_recovery so that
pgpool-II immediately disconnect such busy clients before entering the
2nd stage.