[Pgpool-general] authentication problems

Christophe Philemotte christophe.philemotte at apreco.be
Mon Apr 12 16:18:08 UTC 2010

> [...]
>
> The important line is:
> start_recover: could not connect master node.
>
> The 2 backends I have running (their IPs) are with "password" authentication
> method in "pg_hba.conf" (and "trust" in pool_hba.conf).
>
> This is the problem, because, just changeing the "password" for the
> undesired "trust" it works perfectly.
My setup is as following if you want to acces from locahost:
host    database         user       localhost         password

Take care of the order of directives. If you have
host    database         user         localhost       md5
before, the password authentication type will not work.

> So my question: Is it possible to recover (pcp_recovery_node) with "password
> method" ?
I do, it works.

> If it is not.... is it possible to do so with PAM?
I do not try with PAM

regards,

Christophe Philemotte