[Pgpool-general] online recovery by PITR - broken examples?

Jaume Sabater jsabater at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 07:29:43 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 11:18 PM, Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo at wpkg.org> wrote:

> failover_command = '/ var/lib/postgresql/8.3/main/pgpool-failover% d% h% p%
> D% m% M'
> failback_command = '/ var/lib/postgresql/8.3/main/pgpool-failback% d% h% p%
> D% m% M'

It's only purpose, in my scenario, is to log information into the syslog.

> Then, you describe wal_archiving, base-backup, pgpool-recovery-pitr - when
> and how should I use these scripts?

http://linuxsilo.net/articles/postgresql-pgpool.html#scripts-necesarios

wall_archiving is a helper to activate and deactivate the
archive_command easily (inside postgresql.conf). If you read what the
script does, you'll easily understand.

base-backup and pgpool-recovery-pitr are the phase 1 and phase 2
scripts of the online recovery process. Please refer to pgpool-II's
nice documentation to know more about such procedure. Searching this
mailing list for past posts will prove very useful, too.

--
Jaume Sabater
http://linuxsilo.net/

"Ubi sapientas ibi libertas"