[Pgpool-general] online recovery by PITR - broken examples?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Wed Oct 28 22:18:32 UTC 2009

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

>>> Anyway, I can't get it to work.
>>
>> It proved very useful to me in order to create mine, but I did not
>> expect it to work out of the box. Nor should you. It's meant to be an
>> example for you to learn, just that. It's a script that works on
>> Tatsuo's laptop, but just that.
>>
>>> Does anyone have online recover with pgpool-ii explained in more
>>> details?
>>
>> http://linuxsilo.net/articles/postgresql-pgpool.html#base-backup
>
> BTW - you have committed a great, detailed description over there!

But I didn't make it to the end :( (my Spanish is not that great).

I'm stuck after this part - you describe failover and failback commands:

 failover_command = '/ var/lib/postgresql/8.3/main/pgpool-failover% d% h% p% D% m% M'
 failback_command = '/ var/lib/postgresql/8.3/main/pgpool-failback% d% h% p% D% m% M'

Then, you describe wal_archiving, base-backup, pgpool-recovery-pitr - when and how should I use these scripts?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org