[Pgpool-general] pgpool-II replication - issue when connecting with pgadmin3

Asaf asaf at lingnu.com
Wed Oct 21 09:59:23 UTC 2009

hello

this may or may not be related with my previous posting about
replication stopped working.

i'm using pgpool-II latest version (2.2.5), the configuration

for basic tests, replication seems to work fine, but trying to connect
using pg_admin i get:

ERROR: pid 13594: read_kind_from_backend: 1 th kind C does not match
with master or majority connection kind D

ERROR: kind mismatch among backends. Possible last query was:

SET DateStyle=ISO;SELECT oid, pg_encoding_to_char(encoding) AS encoding,
datlastsysoid
          FROM pg_database WHERE oid = 16389

this happens even immediately  after  dumping from primary to secondary
node.

but when I run this qury manually, it works fine.

my configuration :

 diff pgpool.conf.sample pgpool.conf:

< listen_addresses = 'localhost'
---
 > listen_addresses = '*'
10c10
< port = 9999
---
 > port = 5432
63c63
< replication_mode = false
---
 > replication_mode = true
169,176c169,177
< #backend_hostname0 = 'host1'
< #backend_port0 = 5432
< #backend_weight0 = 1
< #backend_data_directory0 = '/data'
< #backend_hostname1 = 'host2'
< #backend_port1 = 5433
< #backend_weight1 = 1
< #backend_data_directory1 = '/data1'

--
 > backend_hostname0 = 'localhost'
 > backend_port0 = 9999
 > backend_weight0 = 1
 > backend_data_directory0 = '/var/lib/pgsql/data'
 >
 > backend_hostname1 = '173.1.117.106'
 > backend_port1 = 5432
 > backend_weight1 = 1
 > backend_data_directory1 = '/var/lib/pgsql/data'
183c184
< enable_pool_hba = false
---

--