[Pgpool-general] Kick off inconsistent node from cluster

Nikolay Popov nikolay.popov at altima.com.ua
Thu Oct 8 22:56:17 UTC 2009

Thanks for explanations
What if I need more than 2 nodes placed on remote sides with a bit
unreliable links?
It will be good if for example node3 lost connection to rest part of
pool, applications that are using it on this site continue to work (as
far as there is nobody to failover to there) but not getting any
requests from node1 and node2 even after link is restored. After node
synchronize their changes with rest nodes in pool (possibly in manual
way to avoid conflicts) it becomes fully functional member again.
It's even acceptable to lost local changes at node3 - until link to it
is down, the rest nodes don't need it's data so we can just take info
from any server available.
I suppose we need pgpool to be installed on each remote node to do that,
but this will prevent us from using online restore (as directed in
documentation)
Is there anything to do with pgpool-II at all or I need another solution
to use?

Regards, Nikolay