[Pgpool-general] pgpool-II 2.2.5 slamming the CPU

Denis Gasparin denis at edistar.com
Wed Nov 25 16:55:19 UTC 2009

I set the child_life_time to 14400 seconds and child_max_connections to 512.

On a server with medium load i get a spike every 2 hours.

The problem doesn't seem related to child_life_time (that is 4 hours...).

Other tips or ideas?

Currently used parameters are:

# If idle for this many seconds, child exits.  0 means no timeout.
child_life_time = 14400

# If idle for this many seconds, connection to PostgreSQL closes.
# 0 means no timeout.
connection_life_time = 60

# If child_max_connections connections were received, child exits.
# 0 means no exit.
child_max_connections = 512

# If client_idle_limit is n (n > 0), the client is forced to be
# disconnected whenever after n seconds idle (even inside an explicit
# transactions!)
# 0 means no disconnect.
client_idle_limit = 0

Thank you in advance,