[Pgpool-general] panic: index siblings mismatch

Jaume Sabater jsabater at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 07:50:35 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 10:35 PM, Gerd König <koenig at transporeon.com> wrote:

> today I recognized an error while playing with pgpool-II 2.1 and
> postgresql 8.3.5 (on 64bit linux).
> I really don't know if the error is caused by pgpool or if it's
> postgresql-related...?!?

I think that you have either data corruption in your filesystem or
inside your PostgreSQL server(s). Suggestions:

- Check your filesystem with fsck or similar tool.
- Update to the latest version of PostgreSQL, 8.3.6, dump and restore
the database, or recreate all indexes. I am not aware whether there
exists or not a tool to check data integrity at PostgreSQL level.

I can't really find a reason to blame pgpool-II there, but I don't
know enough to be sure either.

--
Jaume Sabater
http://linuxsilo.net/