[Pgpool-general] PgPool install, Part Deux

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Tue Jul 7 00:07:29 UTC 2009

Okay, awhile back, I made an attempt to setup pgpool in front of two
databases, to be used for the backend system for MAIA
(anti-spam/anti-virus) ... biggest hits would be bayes related hits, but
with the postgresql.org lists all filtering through it, there is alot of
email going into the database too ...

Last time I tried, something got "out of sync", ended up breaking the
cluster and going to one DB until I had time to dive better into it, with
two brand new servers ... so, I'm going to make attempt two at this ...

First, I take it 8.4.0 as a backend isn't a problem?  I can use 8.3 if I
have to ...

Second ... my setup is planned to be:

replication_mode = true

but, I'm a bit confused as to what other options to have enabled ...

load_balance_mode?
replication_stop_on_mismatch?

Any other recommendations?  This system gets a reasonably heavy load, and
I want to make sure that it isn't going to 'fall apart' this time :)

----