[Pgpool-general] pgpool-II 2.2 beta2 released

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Mon Feb 16 00:29:44 UTC 2009

> > pgpool-II 2.2 beta2 released. Changes from beta1:
>
> Perhaps another but, not sure though. I was executing this from my laptop:
>
> /usr/lib/postgresql/8.3/bin/pgbench -h postgresql.domain.com -p 9999
> -U pgpool2 -d bench_replication -c 10 -t 1000
>
> The process was going fine, until I decided to set the log_connections
> directive in the postgresql.conf of the slave node to "all". I did the
> /etc/init.d/postgresql reload while the process was still active and
> this appeared in the syslog of the node running pgpool:
>
> pgsql1 pgpool: 2009-02-11 11:52:45 ERROR: pid 26122:
> pool_process_query: 1 th kind S does not match with master or majority
> connection kind C
>
> pgsql1 pgpool: 2009-02-11 11:52:45 ERROR: pid 26122: kind mismatch
> among backends. Possible last query was: "UPDATE branches SET bbalance
> = bb
> alance + -3820 WHERE bid = 1;" kind details are: 0[C] 1[S]
[snip]
> Is this an expected behaviour?

I could not reproduce your problem here.

Changing log_connections should not produce message 'S'. My guess is
your /etc/init.d/postgresql reload actually does stopping and
starting, or you changed something other than log_connections which
will produce message 'S'. See the ostgreSQL manual to know which
directive produce the message 'S'.

> I thought one should have been able to
> reload the configuration of one of the nodes at any time (for
> instance, needed when doing an online recovery with PITR as you need
> to change the archive_command).

Yes, you can.