[Pgpool-general] pgpool-II 2.2 beta2 released

Jaume Sabater jsabater at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 11:38:38 UTC 2009

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 3:45 PM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

> pgpool-II 2.2 beta2 released. Changes from beta1:

More stuff, not a bug, though (I think). I was playing again with
pgbench and I did this (all though pgpool):

- Create the database
- Forget to initialise the database with the tables (pgbench -i)
- Attempt to fill in the tables.
- Get this error on the syslog of pgpool.

Feb 11 12:29:13 pgsql1 pgpool: LOG:   pid 26729:
ProcessFrontendResponse: failed to read kind from frontend. frontend
abnormally exited

I can understand there is an error from the client perspective as I am
trying to, for example. INSERT INTO <a table that does not exist>, but
I would like to know why pgpool2 complains as it should not, IMHO, be
concerned/worried about it. Same as if someone attempted to insert a
record and got a duplicate primary key error. It's not really
pgpool2's problem, is it?

--
Jaume Sabater
http://linuxsilo.net/