[Pgpool-general] Pgpool optmization

Fernando Morgenstern fernando at consultorpc.com
Mon Dec 28 17:32:02 UTC 2009

Hello,

Is there a guide for pgpool optimization?

I am having some bad results with my app queries, but good ones with
pgbench. Let me give an example:

1) With pgbench and SELECT only queries i get:

For pgpool: tps = 644.504312 (including connections establishing)
For stand alone server: tps = 174.842415 (including connections
establishing)

2) With my app most-used SELECT queries i get:

For pgpool: tps = 42.908523 (including connections establishing
For stand alone server: tps = 37.476283 (including connections
establishing)

On 2) there is a small difference. I was wondering if, as pgpool is
running only selects, shouldn't it split queries between 4 servers and
have a tps 4x higher than standalone server? ( i have 4 nodes, that's
why at least 4x higher )

Another question, enabling parallel query would help in this situation?

Best Regards,
---

Fernando Marcelo
www.consultorpc.com