[Pgpool-general] Online recovery by PITR vs rsync

Ramon de Carvalho Valle ramon at risesecurity.org
Sun Dec 27 14:19:37 UTC 2009

Hi,

I would like to know the advantages/disadvantages between online
recovery by PITR vs rsync.

Currently, I am using the attached pgpool_recovery script (online
recovery by rsync) for both 1st and 2nd stage commands (some values are
hardcoded in the scripts intentionally) and would like some feedback. I
am using PostgreSQL 8.1.11 and pgpool-II 2.2.6 on CentOS 5.3 x86_64.

I am considering to use Marcelo's script:
http://www.mail-archive.com/pgpool-general@pgfoundry.org/msg00654.html