[Pgpool-general] Slow performance with select queries ( even with a single node )

Fernando Morgenstern fernando at consultorpc.com
Wed Dec 23 20:36:00 UTC 2009

Hi,

I was doing some tests with pgbench and found that TPS with pgpool is
extremely low. I am running a script with only select queries that are
the most common on my web application.

Here it is my pgbench results:

[root at im-pp1 ~]# pgbench -C -c 100 -h 192.168.100.51 -p 4000  -f
queriesAdapted-v2.sql -d demo -U postgres 2>&1 | grep tps
[root at im-pp1 ~]# pgbench -C -c 100 -h 192.168.100.51   -f
queriesAdapted-v2.sql -d demo -U postgres 2>&1 | grep tps

Postgres runs on port 4000 and pgpool on 5432. So the last one is
pgpool.

For this test, i have detached ALL nodes, only leaving the current one.

Is there any particular reason why pgpool is having such a bad result?

I believe that it is normal to have performance decrease when you have
multiple nodes, but in this case, there is only one node.

Best Regards,
---

Fernando Marcelo
www.consultorpc.com
fernando at consultorpc.com
Tel: +34 902 998971
Fax: +34 91 7903701

## legal disclaimer

The information contained in this email is confidential. It is
intended only
for the stated addressee(s) and access to it by any other person is
unauthorized. If you are not an addressee, you must not disclose, copy,
circulate or in any other way use or rely on the information contained
in
this email. Such unauthorized use may be unlawful. If you have
received this
email in error, please inform us immediately by emailing admin at consultorpc.com
and delete it and all copies from your system.

## end mail