[Pgpool-general] pcp_recovery_node and errors in postgres log

Jaume Sabater jsabater at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 15:48:01 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 4:41 AM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

> http://linuxsilo.net/articles/postgresql-pgpool.html
>
> I noticed in the article "base-backup" script does this:
>
> $LOGGER "Rsyncing directory pg_xlog"
> $RSYNC $SRC_DATA/pg_xlog/ $DST_HOST:$DST_DATA/pg_xlog/
>
> I think this is not neccesary and probably not good. Instead, you
> would want to clear $DST_HOST:$DST_DATA/pg_xlog/*.

Correct. /var/lib/postgresql/main/8.3/pg_xlog/* should disappear
before copying the new ones. And that is the intended behaviour by
using --delete in the rsync command.

I'll check that as soon as possible and see if there is something not
working there, but it has worked fine for me for the last year.

On the other hand, I recall seeing messages (not errors) related to
log files not being found, but I always thought they were normal. If I
recall correctly, PostgreSQL tries to retrieve log files from the
master server (by using scp in my case, as stated in recovery.conf)
and stops after the first failure, that is, the first log file not
found.

Is that the normal or expected behaviour, Tatsuo? Is there anything
else you see in my scripts that I should check?

Thanks.

--
Jaume Sabater
http://linuxsilo.net/