[Pgpool-general] [pgpool-general] load balancing for dummies

Jaime Casanova jcasanov at systemguards.com.ec
Mon Dec 14 14:08:05 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 2:42 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume at lelarge.info> wrote:

> This is because pgpool only see the call to the function and has no way to
> know what the function could do. So, when you're using pgpool in load
> balancing mode, don't use functions that modify the database.

yeah! my example was overly complex, just doing "select
some_volatile_function();" will be a problem...
so if i have an application that i want to load balance i have to
check it all to be sure it's compatible with pgpool?

what if we simply add a new condition to load balancing, the SELECT
statement has no volatile functions in it and make pgpool not trying
to load balancing such SELECTs

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova