[Pgpool-general] load balancing and autocommit?

Kevin Kempter kevink at consistentstate.com
Tue Dec 1 21:26:08 UTC 2009

Hi all;

I have a client using JDBC, we want to use PG POOL II for connection pooling,
master-slave mode (with SLONY on the db servers) and load balancing (send all
of our reads to the SLONY slave. However we do NOT wish to use JDBC autocommit
since that will break our ability to rollback a block of work.

I'll have a look at the code, in the meanwhile does
anyone know of any work-arounds / have any ideas?

Thanks in advance