[Pgpool-general] Temporary table creation problem while using pgpool

Bill Moran wmoran at collaborativefusion.com
Tue Aug 4 13:05:05 UTC 2009

>   AFAIK, Slony says is mandatory to use some customized scripts to
> create tables on
> a cluster, due to sync among nodes.

You can create tables on Slony repliated database without using slonik,
they just won't be replicated.

> On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 6:18 AM, Nimesh Satam<nimesh.satam at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > We are using pgpool-2.1 in:
> >
> > Load balance and master slave mode. Slony is used for the purpose of
> > replication. Connection_cache is set to off.
> >
> > We have been facing problem with Temp table creation while using pgpool
> >
> > 1) CREATE TEMP TABLE tmp_met AS SELECT * from x.x;
> >
> > 2) CREATE INDEX tmp_met_indx ON tmp_met(id);
> >
> > 3) CREATE TEMP TABLE tmp_ch (key integer PRIMARY KEY);
> >
> > 4) INSERT INTO tmp_ch (key) SELECT key FROM rpt_ch WHERE id IN (135848,
> > 135841);
> >
> > Queries from 1 – 3 are seen in data_logs on both the replication database
> > (master and slave) and are working fine. But the third temp table creation
> > query throws an error on the slave db with the temp table “tmp_ch” does not
> > exist. Shouldn’t this query be sent to the master database?
> >
> > All the queries are binded together in a single transaction and hence should
> > not be giving any errors. Can anybody pinpoint what’s going wrong here?

Temp tables are per-session (i.e. per connection) in Postgres.  Is pgpool
configured such that it could be switching connections mid-transaction?

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.

wmoran at collaborativefusion.com
Phone: 412-422-3463x4023

IMPORTANT: This message contains confidential information and is
intended only for the individual named. If the reader of this
message is not an intended recipient (or the individual
responsible for the delivery of this message to an intended
recipient), please be advised that any re-use, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message is prohibited. Please
notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received
this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The
sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or
omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a
result of e-mail transmission.