[Pgpool-general] problem with pgpool-II

Gerd König koenig at transporeon.com
Tue Apr 21 06:03:39 UTC 2009

Hi Aravind,

looks like you have very limited (file access) permissions with the user you're
trying to start pgpool.

aravind chandu schrieb:

>    I have encountered a problem while configuring pgpool-II,I encountered a problem while executing the following command.
>
>  pgpool -n &
> [1] 2796
> [achandana(at)localhost ~]$ pool_config: could not open configuration file (pgpool.conf)
> pool_config: using default values...
> pid file found but it seems bogus. Trying to start pgpool anyway...
> 2009-04-19 12:39:24 ERROR: pid 2796: could not open pid file as /var/run/pgpool/pgpool.pid. reason: Permission denied
You cannot write to the directory /var/run/pgpool, and you even cannot open the
pgpool configuration file (first error message).

What are the permissions/ownerships of your pgpool- and /var/run directory ?
With which user do you want to run pgpool ?

regards..GERD..