[Pgpool-general] problem with pgpool-II

aravind chandu avin_friends at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 20 22:06:00 UTC 2009

   I have encountered a problem while configuring pgpool-II,I encountered a problem while executing the following command.

 pgpool -n &
[1] 2796
[achandana(at)localhost ~]$ pool_config: could not open configuration file (pgpool.conf)
pool_config: using default values...
pid file found but it seems bogus. Trying to start pgpool anyway...
2009-04-19 12:39:24 ERROR: pid 2796: could not open pid file as /var/run/pgpool/pgpool.pid. reason: Permission denied

 Following were the default paths in  pgpool.conf file

# Logging directory
logdir = '/tmp'

# pid file name
pid_file_name = '/var/run/pgpool/pgpool.pid'

since
there is no pgpool/pgpool.pid file in run folder i created pgpool
directory and pgpool.pid file in that directory and gave a value 2678
in pgpool.pid file then i got the above message.Can you guys please
help me in this?

Thanks,
Aravind.