[Pgpool-general] segfault in pgpool 2.2

Henry henry at zen.co.za
Tue Apr 14 15:15:22 UTC 2009

Quoting "Simone Tregnago" <simonetregnago at grivaonline.com>:

> I don't know how to print the stacktrace. I've tried to run gdb but
> bt alway give me the same stack trace (main->pool_sleep->pool_pause->select)
> could you please give me more detailed instructions?
> thanks

Have you recompiled with -g (and no -O2 - just edit the Makefile and
remove the -O2 from the CFLAGS line, then run make, and copy
.libs/pgpool to /usr/bin)?

Try running pgpool with -nd and copy/paste the output here (after the
crash).  Also check the Pg log for errors.

If that doesn't produce anything useful, try running it thusly:

gdb -d ~/src/pgpoolii/pgpool-II-2.2 --args /usr/bin/pgpool -dn -f
/usr/local/etc/pgpool.conf
run

do your SELECT pgpool might then segfault as you mentioned, then run
bt and send the output here.

Cheers
Henry