[Pgpool-general] Direct INSERT to backends - Parallel Mode

calimlimvl at nationalbookstore.com.ph calimlimvl at nationalbookstore.com.ph
Mon Sep 1 22:37:46 UTC 2008

Good morning to you all,

I've been migrating MySQL to PostgreSQL data through Pgpool-II Server. I
noticed that it's faster to INSERT data directly to the backends most
probably due to the overhead. Since I already know where the data should
go anyway, is it possible to just INSERT the appropriate sets of data to
their respective backend nodes? And if I do that, would Parallel Query
Mode still work properly provided that the FUNCTION and dist_def
definitions created are correct? And any suggestions on how to make the
migration faster because I've been INSERTing data for weeks and been
making Pgpool-II Parallel Query Mode work for months already. And lastly,
again, when should I use replicate_def in Parallel Mode? Please help me so
that I could finish my task and move on to another project. Thank you so
much in advance.

Sincerely,
Viril Calimlim
Research And Development Supervisor