[Pgpool-general] Pgpool-II with 16000 connection

Mahyuddin Husairi mahyuddin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 02:11:07 UTC 2008

Hello community, i just want to ask several questions

1. Can pgpool-II support 16000 connection with single point of access
(on master load balancer with two nodes databases)
2. I already deploy pgpool-II for 2000 connection but what happen is

    i. Online recovery can't be done smoothly, i have to try several
times and most of the time i have to restart pgpool (to let pcp get
the process priority before the client connections start to get the
resources)
   ii. The reason i put that much is, it seems the connection pooling
is not working properly where there's not enough time for the pgpool
to pool the connection for each child fork process (initially i set 40
child connection with 50 connection pool but all the web portal that
connected to the pgpool give error messages about db connections).
  iii. The application level is Jboss Application Server hosting jboss
portal and each jboss apps server set with minimum 25 connection pool
and maximum 50 connection pool. So, to let them can get all the
connection, i just simply set max child fork connection is 2000 and
connection pool just 1.
  iv. What kind of connection pool approach that pgpool used. round
robin? or other methods?
3. Hope the community can help me because this is the production setup.
--
Human knowledge Belongs to The World