[Pgpool-general] FW: kind mismatch between backends

Paul Houselander (SME) housey at sme-ecom.co.uk
Wed Nov 26 11:29:55 UTC 2008

Hi

Been banging my head against a wall trying to get this to work the last
couple of days, does anyone have any advice as to what I'm doing wrong?

Kind Regards

Paul

Hi

Please bear with me as I'm very much a beginner with postgres and pgpool.

I have inherited a Postgres database and am looking at ways of improving
fail-over and resilience.

I've been looking at replication mode on pgpool and hit a problem.

I have pgpool installed with 2 backends, if I issue

createdb -P 9999 -U username paul_test

the database is created on both backends.

I've then created a table and issued some inserts and all the data is
replicated correctly on both backends.

I have then taken a copy (pg_dump) of my real database (on backend1) and
restored it to backend2 - at this point in time both db's have the same
info.

I start up pg_pool and let the client application (perl script) start
inserting data, as soon as it does I get

kind mismatch between backends

HINT:  check data consistency between master and other db node

I saw some reference to OID's so tried the pg_dump using -oids but still got
the same error.

Any help or pointers appreciated!

Thanks

Paul