[Pgpool-general] pgpool II and postgresql 8.1.11

Jaume Sabater jsabater at linuxsilo.net
Wed Nov 26 11:27:00 UTC 2008

----- "marco perugini" <m.perugini at 4it.it> escribió:

> i've another question for you [i'm a pgpool-very-newbie]: when a db
> node
> fail to answer [health_check = status 3] is there a way to perform
> recovery&attach automatically or is it possible by hands with
> pcp_commands only?

You need to run pcp_recovery_node, there is no automatic failback (as far as I remember). Whether that command is manually executed or executed through the failback_command is up to you, but I don't really see the point in not having a sysadmin check what happened and then start the online recovery.

--
Jaume Sabater
http://linuxsilo.net/

"Ubi sapientas ibi libertas"