[Pgpool-general] strange connetion problem

Martin Marques martin at marquesminen.com.ar
Sat May 10 20:57:50 UTC 2008

Trying out pgpool2 from Debian testing (1.3-2) I tried doing replication
with load balance with 2 PG 8.3.1 servers.

The problem came when I tried to connect via the pgpool2 client (BTW
direct connection from the pgpool2 server to both nodes went great) I
had errors on the second node.

Both nodes where configured with md5 auth in pg_hba.conf.

Solution: change md5 to password on both servers.

Now, why didn't it connect to the second server via pgpool2 with md5
auth, even though psql connects OK?