[Pgpool-general] yum installation of pgpool

Addison Pan addisonp at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 21 22:22:44 UTC 2008

Are there something missing when doing a yum installation?

I've noticed that there was no samples directory created for:

/usr/share/postgresql-pgpool-II

I was able to find a copy via google search, one of the queries I nabbed out of a tarball of the an alpha release of pgpool-II

dist_def_pgbench.sql
replicate_def_pgbench.sql

also what do I need for initial setup for the tutorial shown at this link:
http://pgpool.projects.postgresql.org/tutorial-en.html

I manually created a pgpool database via
createdb pgpool -U pgpool

I manually created the bench_replication database too
createdb -p 9999 bench_replication -U pgpool

-Thanks,