[Pgpool-general] PGPool Install

Mik Rose mrose at power-soft.net
Thu Jun 26 19:30:42 UTC 2008

Hello there list members :D

I was wondering if there were some step by step pgpool-II install
instructions that list members may have come across.

The resources that we have come across seem contradictory and convoluted in
some cases.

Some questions that I have ...

1. Do we have to have the databases that we wish to replicate / load-balance
already up on all the backend servers?  E.g. Backup and restore the master's
databases and restore on other back end's.

2. Does the pgpool service have to run on all back end's? And if not does
the pgpool database have to exist on all back end's regardless?

2.  When running in cache mode only pgpool connects to the master database
no problem,  but if I introduce a second backend and set it to replication I
get a status 2 for both databases and both master and backend and not
accessible.  What is status 2, authentication?

Your review is appreciated :D

Mik Rose