[Pgpool-general] load balancing not happening as expected (all queries going to slave)

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Thu Jul 10 02:45:35 UTC 2008

I'm doing some updates on the slave and since there are locked tables, I
want to redirect all queries to the master.

backend_hostname0 = 'web3'
backend_port0 = 5433 <-- I changed this purposely from 5432
backend_weight0 = 0.9
backend_hostname1 = 'web2'
backend_port1 = 5432
backend_weight1 = 0.1

I want all queries to hit web2 instead of web3, but no matter how I
tweak backend_weight, queries still only hit web3.

eg:
backend_weight0 = 0 [web3]
backend_weight1 = 1 [web2]

SO, i've resorted to making web3 fail via the port #.

How can this be achieve the correct way?

pgpool --help
pgpool-II version 2.0.1(hikitsuboshi),