[Pgpool-general] pgpool-II load balance performance

Mikhail Kolesnik mike at openbunker.org
Mon Feb 4 12:50:48 UTC 2008

Hello, Yoshiyuki.

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 16:49:33 +0900 (JST)
Yoshiyuki Asaba <y-asaba at sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> From: Mikhail Kolesnik <mike at openbunker.org>
> Subject: [Pgpool-general] pgpool-II load balance performance
> Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 14:18:20 +0200
>
> > >From my tests performance of pgpool in master/slave mode with 2 nodes is
> > near 85% of a _single_ node performance on the 'tpc-b'-like queries,
> > simple 'select' or complex 'select' with heavy sorting and few
> > additional conditions.
>
> Could you try CVS HEAD? I've fixed a performance issue.
>[...]

Thanks, I've tried cvs version. But got nearly the same performance on
that requests. However using other requests that do not transfer much
data over the network (SELECT sum(foo) FROM bar WHERE ...) are balanced
good enough.

It's hardly a network bottleneck and I should try the real application
to judge the performance which will depend on many factors.

--
Mikhail Kolesnik
ICQ: 260259143