[Pgpool-general] automatic detection of SERIAL data type

Jaume Sabater jsabater at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 07:48:53 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 4:06 AM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

> That does not help CURRENT_TIMESTAMP case(just locking the table is
> enough). We need to replace the value of CURRENT_TIMESTAMP to a
> constant. Any idea?

To me, given that it is a cluster, and it's meant to be "one for all,
all for one" (heh, just kidding), I would say that pgpool-II should
generate the value and pass it to the backends. That is, provided that
the backends won't have anything that would overwrite the value (such
as triggers, etcetera).

But I am not the right person to ask, to be honest, so take this just
as a an opinion :)

--
Jaume Sabater
http://linuxsilo.net/