[Pgpool-general] pgpool Online Recovery scripts example

Marcelo Martins pglists at zeroaccess.org
Wed Dec 17 22:01:46 UTC 2008

I'm also doing some tests today and indeed , like Daniel mentioned,
it appears that I might be better off not doing anything in the
pgpool_recovery_pitr script
and just use the recovery command to rsync the WAL files over during
recovery. That ,of course, having the trigger file created in the
beginning of stage 1.
I also removed the compression flag from rsync which also helps on
speeding things up.

I'm still trying to compare the times using both types of scripts but
it's kind of hard since there are several types of scenarios and
several things that could impact the results which is out of  pgpool
control.

Marcelo
PostgreSQL DBA
Linux/Solaris System Administrator