[Pgpool-general] pgpool Online Recovery scripts example

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Tue Dec 16 08:02:23 UTC 2008

> These have been tested under PostgreSQL 8.3.X versions
> I have also tested these under stable version of pgpool and also the
> latest CVS version
> I'm sure there are things that can be improved/changed so feel free to
> share that.

Thanks. Small issues I saw in your script so far:

1) In copy-base-backup, you touch backup_in_progress file right after
   pg_stop_backup() executed to start actual WAL archiving. I think
   this is too late since while doing the base backup (rsync), WAL
   segment files might be generated if there's enough updation to the
   database. You need to start WAL archiving *before* doing base
   backup.

2) In pgpool_recovery_pitr, you do base backup again. I think this is
   not neccessary if you sends WAL segment files to the recovery
   target node generated before statge two starts and will greatly
   reduce the duration of state two.