[Pgpool-general] pgpool2 and cursors

Jay Payne letterj at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 00:12:41 UTC 2008

Here are our pgpool.conf settings:
replication_mode = true
load_balance_mode = true
replication_stop_on_mismatch = false
replicate_select = false
reset_query_list = 'ABORT; RESET ALL; SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION DEFAULT'
print_timestamp = true
master_slave_mode = false
connection_cache = true
health_check_timeout = 20
health_check_period = 0
health_check_user = 'nobody'
failover_command = ''
failback_command = ''
insert_lock = false
ignore_leading_white_space = true
log_statement = true

We are running into some problems with pgpool and cursors:

DECLARE c54df CURSOR WITHOUT HOLD FOR SELECT * FROM table1 WHERE col1 = '7';

The sql seems to run on everyone one of the nodes and generated the
following error in the application:

psycopg2.ProgrammingError: kind mismatch between backends
HINT:  check data consistency between master and other db node
    before or while processing the request.

We have check and the nodes are all in sync and all other actions (insert,
update, delete, select) are working properly.

Any thoughts or suggests?

Thank you.

-J
Jay Payne