[Pgpool-general] Pgpool II w/ Postgres - Confirm/Deny Execution Times

Nico -telmich- Schottelius nico-pgpool at schottelius.org
Tue Apr 29 12:06:52 UTC 2008

Hello Amin!

Amin Mirza [Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 10:23:40AM -0600]:
> Is that normal to see higher execution times with PGPool enabled?  Or do I not have it setup correctly?
Yes. When you add pgpool between your client and postgres the needed time
MUST increase, as you add overhead.

You can distribute queries to more than one server in load balancing
mode, thus having better performance when using more than one concurrent
connection in select()s.

Though the time for data changes (insert, update, ...) will increase,
as it needs to be replicated to all nodes.

Sincerly

Nico

--
Think about Free and Open Source Software (FOSS).
http://nico.schottelius.org/documentations/foss/the-term-foss/

PGP: BFE4 C736 ABE5 406F 8F42  F7CF B8BE F92A 9885 188C