[Pgpool-general] SSL support

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Tue Sep 25 01:21:34 UTC 2007

> Hi list,
>
> I've been using pgpool for a while to add replication to Posgres
> systems. It's easy and works, thanks for making this possible.
>
> Now for a new project I would need encryption between client and pgpool
> (not needed between pgpool and postgres). I checked latest versions
> (pgpool-3.4.1 and pgpool-II-1.2); there are references to SSL, but still
> not supported. It also seems to be on the todo list.
>
> Any rough idea when that will be available? Is it high on the priorities
> of the development team?

Major pgpool developers in my company have been busy these days in
developing pgpool-II 2.0, whch is expected to be released in this
November. Unfortunately SSL supported will not be in 2.0 due to time
constraint (they are paid for developing pgpool and their time are
limited by our budget).

Unless someone come up with volunteering in developing SSL support, or
offering to sponsor the work, I don't think SSL support becomes reality
in the near future. Sorry for this.