[Pgpool-general] SSL support

Jean-Denis Girard jd.girard at sysnux.pf
Sat Sep 22 22:18:41 UTC 2007

Hi list,

I've been using pgpool for a while to add replication to Posgres
systems. It's easy and works, thanks for making this possible.

Now for a new project I would need encryption between client and pgpool
(not needed between pgpool and postgres). I checked latest versions
(pgpool-3.4.1 and pgpool-II-1.2); there are references to SSL, but still
not supported. It also seems to be on the todo list.

Any rough idea when that will be available? Is it high on the priorities
of the development team?

I can make an ssh tunnel from client to pgpool, but native encryption
would be better...

Thanks,
--
Jean-Denis Girard

SysNux                  Systèmes Linux en Polynésie française
http://www.sysnux.pf/   Tél: +689 483 527 / GSM: +689 797 527