[Pgpool-general] PgPool with Slony?

Thomas Hallgren thomas at tada.se
Wed Nov 7 13:21:36 UTC 2007

Hi Yoshiyuki,
thanks for the clarification. We are investigating several alternatives.
Another that came up is to use pgpool and the Linux GFS. One reason for
that is that we have things outside of the database (Lucene indexes in
particular) that we would like to treat the same way. The question I'm
asking myself is how big the negative performance impact would be. I
googled for info and found some postings from Devrim Gündüz about this
but I didn't find any conclusive info.

We are not trying to create a multi-master or anything like that. Our
main objective is HA and if possible, multiple readers (where the reader
can live with some latency). Does anyone know how well PostgreSQL
performs on top of GFS?

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren