[Pgpool-general] PgPool with Slony?

Yoshiyuki Asaba y-asaba at sraoss.co.jp
Thu Nov 1 02:20:55 UTC 2007

Hi,

From: Thomas Hallgren <thomas at tada.se>
Subject: [Pgpool-general] PgPool with Slony?
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 17:37:35 +0100

> I posted the questions below regarding Slony-I on their mailing list and
> got the suggestion to look at pgpool-II + slony + heartbeat. I see that
> a Pgpool-HA also exists that includes heartbeat. Given the requirements
> that I have, would Pgpool-HA + Slony-I be a good solution for me? Can I
> find some whitepapers or similar somewhere that outlines a solution like
> that?

Pgpool-HA is scripts to monitor pgpool or pgpool-II. These run on
heartbeat.

  +---------------+                  +---------------+
  |               |                  |               |
  |  +---------+  |                  |  +---------+  |
  |  |pgpool-HA|  |                  |  |pgpool-HA|  |
  |  +---------+  |                  |  +---------+  |
  |       |       |                  |       |       |
  |       |       |                  |       |       |
  |       v       |<---------------->|       v       |
  |  +---------+  |                  |  +---------+  |
  |  |pgpool-II|  |                  |  |pgpool-II|  |
  |  +---------+  |                  |  +---------+  |
      heartbeat                           heartbeat
       (Active)                           (Standby)

So pgpool-II + Slony-I + heartbeat + pgpool-HA is a good solution for
you.

Regards,
--
Yoshiyuki Asaba