[Pgpool-general] Disconnecting idle clients

Poul Møller Hansen freebsd at pbnet.dk
Fri Jan 12 22:21:03 UTC 2007

> Are any of the other clients even disconnecting from pgpool? AFAIK
> pgpool will never terminate a client connection on its own.

After going through the source code I realize that now.

I have a java application that were leaking database connections.
I found the error, but it was just to avoid that from happening again
.
The problem was that the java objects were not properly closed,
so the connections stayed in idle forever.

Poul