[Pgpool-general] More questions about replication mode behavior

Mark F enigma_3319 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 6 09:23:42 UTC 2007

Thank you for all your help.  We have replication mode working now with
pgpool.  The web site has little documentation.  We have questions about
pgpool's replication mode:

1.  If one of the nodes goes down and pgpool goes into degeneration mode,
does pgpool go back to replication mode when the fallen node returns?

2.  If 'INSERT' transactions occured while a node was down, will pgpool load
all 'INSERT''s that were missed while the node was down?  Is there a
built-in function to handle this or do we have to sync the nodes ourselves?

More detail about pgpool's replication mode is very useful.

Thank you.