[Pgpool-general] pgpool-II 2.0.1: "pool_process_query: 1 th kind D does not match with master connection kind C" error

Jean-Denis Girard jd.girard at sysnux.pf
Mon Dec 3 15:50:14 UTC 2007

Perry Casson a écrit :

> We are testing pgpool-II-2.0.1 in replication mode and are trying to figure out why pgpool-II is
> deprecating.  In our cases the system will usually run fine for 30-90 minutes processing dozens of
> transactions/second then we get the following error: pool_process_query: 1 th kind D does not match
> with master connection kind C and then pgpool drops all nodes but the master

I recently had same kind of problems on a new install, except it was
with pgpool-1. I finally found it was due to a limit to the number of
processes per user, at the system level (limits.conf). Increasing the
limit resolved the problem.

Regards,
--
Jean-Denis Girard

SysNux                  Systèmes Linux en Polynésie française
http://www.sysnux.pf/   Tél: +689 483 527 / GSM: +689 797 527