[Pgpool-general] pgpool-II 2.0.1: "pool_process_query: 1 th kind D does not match with master connection kind C" error

Perry Casson perry.casson at waypointinfo.com
Mon Dec 3 13:23:40 UTC 2007

We are testing pgpool-II-2.0.1 in replication mode and are trying to figure out why pgpool-II is
deprecating.  In our cases the system will usually run fine for 30-90 minutes processing dozens of
transactions/second then we get the following error: pool_process_query: 1 th kind D does not match
with master connection kind C and then pgpool drops all nodes but the master

In every case we have found it will always happen after a specific very large select statement (see
pid1118.log).  This statement is valid and similar statements have been ran 1000's of times before
the error occurs.

I've started to look through the source code to try to figure out what's going on but that's going
to be a slow process just to understand what should be happening.

Keen to get this resolved and could arrange access to these servers if required or clues on how to
resolve this.

Perry Casson
Waypoint
Ottawa Canada